Kaden James

Kaden James

Monday, March 8, 2010

Finding Out

I can admit when I first found out I was pregnant I wasn't ready. I was not thinking about kids. It was July 2008 and I had just graduated college in May and was applying for jobs and trying to figure out what I wanted from life. Actually the day I found out I was pregnant I had two job offers. I had to turn them down because I couldn't afford to lose my insurance. I was so scared even those first weeks wondering if I would be a good mother. I had worked with at-risk youth for a few years and the stories I had heard and had to deal with was enough to make any one afraid.

My cousin Breanna went with me to my first appointment so she could hear the baby's heartbeat. That was one of the most amazing things ever. I had heard other fetal heartbeats before but this was mine, it was my baby, coming from my stomach. That was when I first started to get really excited. Everything went really well, it all looked good. The heartbeat was strong and fast even though I was only about 10 weeks along. Everyone was saying that you could usually tell the sex by how fast the heartbeat was, faster is girls and slower is suppose to be boys. Most said I was having a girl because of the heart rate. Of course later we found out they were wrong.

I knew it was early but I started making plans and looking at baby stuff deciding what I wanted. I was pretty lucky and didn't get morning sickness much but just about everyday between 3 and 4 PM I would feel nauseous. My family was very supportive and very excited. I found out I was due March 20th 2009. I was kind of happy about that and kind of not. I was happy because my birthday is 9 days before Christmas and sometimes it gets forgotten in all the excitment of Christmas but with my baby being due in March I wouldn't have to worry about them being looked over but a lot of my family and friends have birthday's in March and April. One cousin's birthday is in the begining of April and she told me when it was time to just hold it till her birthday.

There is still so much that I want to write about with just the pregnancy but I don't want to make them to long so we will try this length for now.

Kaden's Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Jory- I got the link to your blog from the support group post that you did. Reading about when you found out brings back many memories- I remember the feelings of hope and wonder and happiness. I hope that you are able to share your feelings with this blog- I know that mine has helped me with memories and other thoughts that I have. The pictures of our sweet Kaden are beautiful. I hope that you are able to find other caring people to help you through this journey. Take Care- You will be in my thoughts.
    Sara
    Mommy to four Angels in Heaven
    10/25/05, 7/5/06, 2/11/07 & 12/19/08

    ReplyDelete