Kaden James

Kaden James

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ultrasounds

I loved getting ultrasounds. It was a way to see the baby and see what he was doing before I could feel him. The 3D ones were kinda weird and I didn't really like them. There was one time when I was getting an ultrasound and Kaden's father was there and the tech had a great picture of his profile when Kaden just flipped around and kicked right were the wand was! She got a perfect picture of his foot. The father looked at me and said "Did you feel that?" I said no. I hadn't felt a thing, it was one of the first ultrasounds and we didn't even know the sex yet. The father thought it was so crazy that we could see him moving around so much and I couldn't feel it yet.

We had decided to find out the sex of the baby, OK I decided and didn't really care what the father said but he wanted to know too. I thought it would be easier with the name and shopping. When she first started the ultrasound she did the measuring and all the stuff she had to do first and I just wanted to know! Finally she asked if we wanted to know, she had no problem finding out it was a boy. She looked at the screen and said "It's a boy" and pointed out the obvious sign. The father said "Yes!" and secretly I was pretty happy too. I had wanted a boy. When we got to the truck I told the father "you weren't suppose to act all excited" He just said "Sorry" and smiled.

Every time I got an ultrasound I loved it. Even the time I had to have an emergency one when I was having some sharp pains that they thought might be my appendix. When they were doing the ultrasound looking for it, I just wanted to see my baby. It turned out to just be round ligament pain but my cousin Lacey got to see Kaden for the first time so it was worth it. We ended up having to go to the ER and it was me, Lacey and my mom. They told us only one person could go with me to the ultrasound. I quickly let them know that it was up to them to decide who it was going to be because I was not going to chose. My mom had gone with me to the first one so she let Lacey go with me. Of course I think Lacey probably would have tackled her and went anyways and I was in too much pain to really listen to what they said.

When we got back from the first ultrasound I showed my nephew the pictures and he asked if he could hold them. Of course I let him. We went to the high school football game that night, Kaden's uncle played so the whole family was there. My nephew was showing off the pictures to anyone who would look at them. Kaden's grandfather had just had surgery and was sitting in a car with my aunt so my nephew and I went to show them the pictures. He handed them to Kaden's grandpa and said "Look at the baby, it looks like an alien!" There were some 3D pictures so of course Grandpa agreed.

Kaden's Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment